The purpose of this award, generously funded through an endowment established by Gary J. Rathburn, is to support undergraduate research in the Department of Political Science, with a preference for research that is international in scope. Each year the Department will award one or more grants of up to $5,000, depending on the quality of applications received and the amounts requested.
Any student who is a Political Science major, who is taking PS courses, or who is researching a PS topic may apply for funding in support of a research project. Preference will be given to continuing students, but all students should apply. Applicants should submit:
- a resume or curriculum vitae;
- official or unofficial transcript;
- a statement describing the research project and its significance in the student’s intellectual development (three page maximum);
- a simple budget explaining how the award money will be used; and
- a letter of support from the sponsoring faculty member.
We begin considering applications on January 15; deadline for application is March 1.